The goal of education transcends the primary education; it pushes further to
the higher level. The vision which doesn’t terminate at the primary informs
the opening of the junior secondary section. This birthing of a new section
which came as an off shoot of the yearnings for quality education by all and
sundry has grown geometrically and it’s still growing.
APPROVAL AND TAKE OFF.
The secondary section took off operation on September, 2010. It started with five students who are majorly products of the school, who just finished primary five. It was approved by a team of thirteen inspectors: from Education secretariat; department of policy and implementation who visited the school 29thNovember, 2012.
For recognition inspection, a team of four inspectors from National
Examination Council (NECO) led by Mrs. Clare A. Aregbeyen came for
recognition inspection of BECE (Basic Education Certificate Examination) on
1st May, 2013.
PROGRAMMES AND SUBJECTS.
The schools run the following programmes and subjects in line with the
stipulations of the Federal Ministry of Education. The subjects are:
- English Studies
- Basic Science
- Agricultural Science
- French Language.
- Nigerian language (Hausa)
- Basic Technology
- Computer Studies
- Civic Education
- Christian Religious Knowledge/ Islamic Studies
- Social Studies
- Home Economics
- Counselling (programme)
- Physical and Health Education (PHE)
- Cultural and Creative Arts (CCA)
- Business Studies
Some of the achievements of the junior secondary school include:
- Since the inception of Junior WAEC exams in the school, all the
students have been excelling perfectly well. With distinctions and
credits littered all over results
- The students won the Arts Competition in 2011.
- They came third (3rd) at the ICT competition organized by HITECH
centre for Women and Youth in 2014
- N.T.A debate 1stposition (2012), and 2nd position (2014)
- Acquisition of competencies necessary for self-reliance
- Promotion of the physical, emotional, and psychological development
- Promotion of moral and spiritual principle in inter-personal and
- Training of the mind in the understanding of the world around
- To teach the students to acquire literacy, numeracy and